Who are we and what do we believe?
We are a group of Christians who meet at the Gospel Hall. We are not part of any organisation or federation since we believe that every local church should take its guide and direction from the one Head, Jesus Christ. We do, ofcourse, join in fellowship with other Christians, particularly those who meet in a similar way and share the same beliefs. Some of our beliefs are summarised below. These beliefs are based on the clear teaching of the Bible.
We Believe –
* that the Bible is the inspired and infallible Word of God and that it is the sole authority for doctrine and practice.
* that there is one God revealed to us as three equal persons – the Father Son and Holy Spirit.
* that the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ is the only way by which a holy God could justly forgive guilty sinners and declare them right in His sight.
* that forgiveness of sins and the eternal destiny of all people is determined by faith alone in Jesus Christ who is the only Saviour of sinners.
* that Jesus Christ will return personally to this earth
* that the Church is the body of Christ and that every Christian has their part to play in developing and using the gifts that God has given them
We Practice –
* The Remembrance of the Lord Jesus Christ in a weekly “Breaking of Bread” service
* Baptism by immersion for believers as a public witness of their faith in Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord
* Regularly meeting together for the Worship of God, prayer, bible teaching, fellowship and preaching the message of Salvation to others.
We would be delighted to share with you more of what we believe and to show you what the Bible has to say about these matters. Do feel free to contact us.